Re: My first major bodywork

To: LandSpeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My first major bodywork
From: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:21:40 -0700
Another awesome motor. Eventually I'll be putting a 4g63 head on a
4g64 block with low (8.5-9:1) compression pistons and making a torque
monster. I'm not a newbie to their potential (John Shephard runs 8's
in a 1st gen eclipse with a stock iron block) and I have local friends
to help me out with it. Would be glad to see what kind of resources
you have, I've gained most of my knowledge of dsmtuners.com and
sacramento-dsm.com.

It's funny though, because everybody thinks of this car as an import
because it's mitsubishi, but every single one of the eclipses were
build in Illinois :-)

What kinda truck you run, a mighty max, I assume? I've seen videos of
one of those with a 4g63t swapped in. Nothing quite like seeing a
little truck like that spinning all 4 tires :-) I also have a buddy in
Reno that's got a 72 dodge colt with a 4g63t bolted to a TH350. It's
almost done... that things going to be a monster.

Personally, once I get my eclipse together, I'm going to try and talk
my dad into letting me put a 4g63 into his '70 challenger. Right now
it's got a high compression 383 running about 400 horsepower, but it
has to burn 110+ octane and idles at like 1800rpms... I know I can
make that much power on the 4g63 without having to run quite so much
octane, and actually be able to drive the car (right now it sits in a
garage 99% or the time, and we don't measure MPG so much as GPM.)

~Jon

--
~Jon