Etching primer

To: Land-speed@autox.team.net (Landspeed)
Subject: Etching primer
From: Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:23:38 +0000
Bwana, I was pleased to discover etching primer available in a rattlecan at the
autobody supply (probably been available like that for 10 years, what do I
know). It ain't cheap at $13 a can, but supposedly will work well on most all
metals, including aluminum. This is a big deal, because painting aluminum isn't
easy; folks think aluminum is "clean", nothing is further from the truth.
You need 70* (cheat with a lamp) and to topcoat in 24 hours.
You maybe made a smart move, one I maybe should have made. My homemade deal
probably weighs not much more than yours, though, because it was engineered
(well, kinda) and didn't use clunky steel stock.