RE: New project (off topic)

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: RE: New project (off topic)
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@aros.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:06:21 -0600
As I recall, Nike-Ajax used IRFNA and JP-4.  I was an IFC (Fire
Control) tech, so I didn't spend much time in the launching area,
although I was there for a few SNAP firings of both Ajax and Hercules:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/earlydaze/03-greece/02-firing/02-firing.html

The Ajax was pretty kool, but the Hercules was mind-boggling.  It
used 4 solid fuel Ajax boosters and broke Mach 1 before it cleared
the launching rails.  If ya blinked, ya missed the launch.

Ray