Optima Batteries

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Optima Batteries
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:07:54 -0700 (PDT)
Anybody had any experience with Optima batteries?  How about the other dry
cells (absorbed glass mat technology) on the market now?  A local racer friend
said he has had bad luck with Optimas taking less and less of a charge each
time he charges it, resulting in short life.  He recommended the Interstate
NASCAR battery.  I'm still considering a total loss system with two batteries.
One for ignition and the other for starting, electric water pump and fuel pump.
 Even if I do finally elect to run an alternator, I'm still looking for battery
feedback.

Thanks
DickJ
In East Texas