RE: Optima Is Battery of Choice

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Optima Is Battery of Choice
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:05:51 -0400
be sure to size the pulley so the battery charges at idle. Most altenators
can handle 10 to 12k rpm. look at a passaenger car and figure that it turns
about 6k rpm and just change the drive on yours to maintain the same
altenator rpm at max engine rpm. The mechanical pump is the same deal don't
slow it way down or it won't pump any water. Whatever you do don't shut off
the altenator at WOT as that is when you need it the most. It draws less
power than it provides by having a good spark and full fuel pump output.
Same goes for the 16 volt systems. They are not needed if everything else is
correct.
Dave