RE: There's somthing wrong here ( Oil / Gas Pricing )

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: RE: There's somthing wrong here ( Oil / Gas Pricing )
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
> We are our own undoing at least in the USA on fuel prices to a certain
> degree. Explain to me the sensibility of a bag of groceries in an SUV that
> get 14 MPG?

Dave,

I agree that people are beginning to get the message. One of GM's
financial problems is that their SUVs are not selling well and they are
their cash cow. As far as the trucks go, just a short drive on I-5 here in
Northern CA will tell you that we have a way to go before we have done are
best. Probably half of the traffic count is trucks, SUVs and motorhomes.
The railroad here does carry a lot of freight in shipping containers and
truck tailers. Some of the trains are nothing but containers and trailers.
So it would seem that some of the truck traffic is being reduced. This is
another case of finger pointing... "When you point your finger at someone,
you have three that point back at yourself."

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC