The Importance of Risk

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: The Importance of Risk
From: Daniel Wright <daniel.wright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:16:47 -0700
Hi
Among the wealth of Bonneville coverage in the latest (December) issue of
Hot Rod magazine is an editorial page written by the Editor in Chief, David
Freiburger.  It was written in contemplation of the loss of John Beckett at
Speedweek.  In just a few paragraphs, David captures the essence of why we
do what we do and offers a glimpse of insight about how we manage to
continue such frivolous endeavors when starkly confronted with the obvious
dangers.

If you haven't read this editorial on page 12, it is as good an explanation
of why we do what we do as you are EVER likely to run across.
Hats off to David for a deep look inside us all.

Dan Wright

"There is no high technology that don't in the end, come to depend on a
talented bloke with an 'ammer."--Wesley Pegden