What Welding Helmet to Buy? (non LSR)?

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: What Welding Helmet to Buy? (non LSR)?
From: Richard Kensicki <lowtek@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:16:40 -0500
I already have a full face helmet with a  flip up viewer for
mig,tig,plasma work but want to try an auto darkening helmet. All seem
pretty close in features so what am I going to get for the money spent?
Yes quality and replacement parts are part of the decision but when the
current project is done I'm not going to be welding everyday or week.

I like the Hornell Speedglas line but don't think I'd use it enough to
justify the cost. Are the real low cost helmets mostly junk?

RichK