Area, as in CdA

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Area, as in CdA
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 21:43:09 -0800
I am trying to figure the frontal Area on my car to use in CdA calcs.  I was
going to put a 1ft length of duct tape on the front bumper and a 1ft piece
on the windshield.   Then get as far back as I can and take a digital photo.
I would print it out and then draw squares all over the picture using the
duct tape as my calibration for the squares.  The problem is the perspective
will shrink the 1ft piece on the windshield and the squares will "pinch-in"
toward the top. I.e., they won't be perfect squares but narrower at the top
due to perspective.  Is this the correct way to do all this?  Is there a
more accurate way? -Elon