Re: Old Photos

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Old Photos
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 17:04:14 -0800
Tom,

The team had done well and arrived a Bonneville with the A/FR record
at 228 ('71) and the C/FR at 231 ('70). I was hanging out with Jack
Lufkin's crew, my first time to Bonneville.
The fact that the record has only been pushed up about 32 MPH in 33
years tells me that they were on the leading edge in 1972. I don't
think any of the FR records were very soft. The ones we ran against
were soft. Example: 61 CID Streamliner (class I), 153 in '72;
255 in '90 and 313 in '03. Now, it's a strong record.

San Gabriel, now that brings back memories..... I grew up in Whittier
about a mile from Millers place on Whittier Blvd.

Tom, I agree with you. Al is in a class by himself. Don Gartlets is
almost as good.

Bryan