Re: TH-350 Question

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: TH-350 Question
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:13:52 -0800 (PST)
> I should just leave the transmission vacuum line un-connected, and pull
> the passing gear cable out to it's limit and clip it there. He said that
> would make it shift right for racing.  Is that correct?

Dick,

Don't connect the vacuum. This is for modualted shifting pressures. Light
throttle allows a softer shift. Pulling the throttle cable to its maximum
position will give maximum governor pressure, which should be OK, but I am
not sure it is needed. On the TH350, I think the throttle cable is just
for down shifting anyway. I have a reworked valve body that allows manual
shifting (holds in selected gear until shifted manually) in my trans, so
the throttle cable is in its relaxed condition. This works finwe for me.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC