Re: Econo Lodge Wendover???????

To: "paul bland" <paul.blandavon@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: Econo Lodge Wendover???????
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:57:13 -0500
On Thursday, January 5, 2006, at 09:36  AM, paul bland wrote:

> List, anybody have any experience of the Econo Lodge in Wendover? they
> have
> rooms available for Speed Week but having read the reviews I suspect I
> know
> why ("worst place I've ever checked into" was one).
> Cheers, Paul in the UK. (still trying to find rooms.......)

I haven't stayed there since '01, and when I called
day-before-yesterday the price was $200/night.  For that price I'd
insist on hot-and-cold running maids, in-room catered breakfasts, and
maybe a daily fill-up of my truck's fuel tank.  Our stay there in '01
was acceptable, but I know that was two or three owners ago.

Try the Rainbow, which won't take reservations 'til next Monday, but
the quoted price is lower.  The Red Garter is already booked up, the
Motel 6 is already booked up, and I don't know about the others.  I've
got a fall-back place to stay -- did some exploring to see if I wanted
to change.  We'll be in Wendover for ten nights -- gotta be prudent
about cost of lodging.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan