Race Car Wiring

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Race Car Wiring
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:22:36 -0800 (PST)
I'm getting ready to re-wire my Firebird race car.  I was surprised at the
gauge of wire leading into the HEI distributor.  It looks like maybe 12 ga or
even 10ga.  It's pretty stout.  This leads to my questions.  I will have only
two circuits through switching - the ignition and the fuel pump.
  What size wire should I run from the battery to the switch panel?
  What size wire should I run to the HEI?
  What size wire should I run to the Holley fuel pump?
  What size wire should I run from the push button to the starter solonoid?
  Is there any reason to get more complex than that - like starter bypass, etc?

  Dick J
  In East Texas

Yahoo! Photos