Re: Texas Mile

To: delsolid@gmail.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Texas Mile
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:07:42 EST
In a message dated 1/15/2006 4:39:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
delsolid@gmail.com writes:

Good  god! I don't know if my butt is up to it!

I would love to make a Maxton  & Texas trip one day. try to do a huge loop
and cover both in one long  trip. Maybe I should look into it for 2007.

John

On 1/15/06,  Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net> wrote:

> Might as  well go on to Maxton!  Not that great a difference in distance.
>  Now you realize the dedication of those east coast racers.  My  trip
> last year to Maxton ended up with over 5,000 miles on my  truck.
>
> Wes
>
> On Jan 15, 2006, at 1:04 PM, John  Romero wrote:
>
> > I was looking into it since I wanted to see  what my car could do with
> > TRACTION! I figured it was only 4  states away, how far could it be?
> > But then
> > I saw  that Texas is in fact quite wide. My drive out there from Los
> >  Angeles
> > would be over 1,400 miles each way! significantly longer  than my 90
> > mile
> > trek El Mirage or my 600 mile run to  to the salt!
> >
> > Can you guys look into moving it closer  to me please?
> >
> > John

Especially the 600 miles from here in NY down  I-95, traffic all the  way,
usually 12-14 hours to Maxton. The alternative is 2000 miles to Bonneville,
and
we don't have a El Mirage.
You guys on the left coast are blessed, in that respect,anyway. Feel better  ?
Bob, ps,W
PS..10 degrees tonight, many in the area without electricity or phones due
to wind/ice storm last night