Re: white as far as the eye can see. . . .

To: "D. E. Adin, Photographer" <adin@frontier.net>,
Subject: Re: white as far as the eye can see. . . .
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:56:34 -0700
Dave and List
Back in the early 60s I was working at the now defunct
Douglas aircraft and we built an air cannon to test the DC-* and later
aircraft for bird strikes. This was a very interesting program to be
involved with.

We were required to move the cannon tests to Canada as on a hot day while
testing the leading edge of a DC-10 veridical stabilizer the bird ricocheted
and exploded all over a golf course while a ladies tournament was going on.
The Cop's and ASPCA were called in and they made us stop testing. With guts
and feathers all over the area it was more then the ladies could take.
Glen