Re: Social Security Non LSR but Important

To: "Doug Odom" <dlodom@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Social Security Non LSR but Important
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:01:17 -0800 (PST)
 > Dick J wrote:
>
>>  I'm putting this on the list because I know that some LSR racer friends
>> may soon be approaching "The Golden Years"  (LOL) and Social Security
>> will be a consideration.

Dick,

I waited until my 65th birthday to file. In my case, I don't intend to
stop being a productive member of society. I have to work at something, it
is in my genes.

One thing to consider, if you don't intend to stop being gainfully
employed, there is a limit to how much you can make. For a few years, I
had to pay money back to the government  because  earned too much. After I
reached 70, there was no limit to earned income. I am not sure what the
age is now, however.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC