Bridgeport stuff

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bridgeport stuff
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 04:55:17 -0600
I've always wanted a Milling machine...and finally found one at a reasonable
price,  I was up teching a Hemi Cuda for the Top Speed Challenge at Maxton in
April and the guy had this one sitting there... it's nothing fancy just a J
series Bridgeport 1hp 3 phase piece...  with a 48" table... built in 1971 it's
not really an antique yet... and the table doesn't look like Swiss cheese ...
so I had to have it.

Getting it home and in the shop was fairly uneventful... other then that
little hole in the shop wall ( nothing a gallon of sheet rock mud won't fix
)...  took a couple of trailers... 3 friends, two trucks, pry bars...  fairly
standard stuff when working with a lightweight piece like this...

It doesn't have a Digital Read Out... or DRO so that's the first major
purchase... and since it didn't come with any tooling, a fella should really
buy his own anyway ... ( that stuff is cheap isn't it? ).... nor did it come
with a rotary table... but I can get one of those too....

Anyway all that's left is an inverter to convert my single phase to it's three
phase motor and away I go...  figure another week or two...

Fun stuff.... and race car parts for sure will simply jump off this thing... (
okay look it's a theory and it's mine... )

Keith