Re: Snow depths

To: wester6935@comcast.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Snow depths
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:42:49 EST
Hi Wes  ~  We only got about 10 or 12 inches around here  and the wind never
was blowing that hard, so I don't consider it a blizzard ....  but going up
towards Bob J in Beantown they did get in the neighborhood of 20"  .... maybe
more.  I see on the tube that they said records were broken in  NYC, 27" or
thereabouts ?.... but I recall one storm here just last year  that was worse
than
this one.  Nice light snow ; maybe the kind you like to  ski on ?   I am
constantly amazed at how many folks get wrecked in any  kind of snowfall( and
RAIN,
too ) nowadays, even in their 4WD y-mobiles  .... guess they don't understand
the concept of SLOWER speeds on wet,  rainy, or really foggy roads .... >> 86
<< car pileup in  Michigan on news this morn !!!!  Hard to believe . Jon up
in Marquette  probably got considerably more this weekend .... not sure, but
several days ago  he told me they had something over 100" thus far, and it was
almost up to  their average for that time of year .... he has a great looking
older big  Oshkosh truck with a large plow on it .... not as fast as his salt
bike, but I  think he gets a lotta kicks just shoving snow around with it !  So
all  in all, my take is just another winter snowstorm around here, but worse
both north and south of here, both depth & windspeed-wise. Very little
shoveling this weekend  ~  buddy with plow came by and zoomed it away.  He
picked a
good time, as my wife had just taken a nice fresh loaf of bread out  of the
bread machine, and he got the bigger 'half' !!!  Have fun on  the slopes, Wes !
  Bruce   PS :  Thanks to all my  thoughtful list-cyberpals who keep me
posted as to how nice and warm and sunny  it is where they are, and about their
ongoing outdoor activities  !  Glad they aren't Rubbing It In..... or anything
like that   ~  LOL !