Re: Snow depths/non LSR

To: jon@infodestruction.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Snow depths/non LSR
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:37:14 EST
We ended up with about 20 inches here about 35 miles north of NYC.  That
Blizzard stuff is mostly the weather geeks diring it up to increase the
ratings,
as it makes great drama.
I've never experienced the much quoted "white-out" conditions, probably  only
happens to "Meteorologists" like the guys that stand on beaches at 45  degree
angles in hurricanes.
The NYC total of about 27 inches was the largest recorded accumulation,
taken dead center in Central park.
So today it's 40 degrees and sunny and very Currier and Ives outside, and
very little earthquake, brush/forest fire, mudslide, or smog activity
here....boring by L. A. comparison.
Bob, and it looks like Salt ,W