Re: LSR Scandal?

To: Land Speed Digest <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LSR Scandal?
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:13:47 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
>Subject: LSR Scandal?

First, I have not seen the movie. I did however get a message from an "unnamed
person" complaining to me (for an unknown reason) about the word World" in the
movie and our "Worlds Record Certificates". The claim that these are "National"
records and the claim of thems takes away from the "Real World Speed Records".
I told the person that every one of my Certs starting back in 1976 all said
World on them and all the ones I make now still do. I responded that I am sure
I own the "Worlds fastest" GMC powered highboy" unless someone else in another
country has done it and I'll gladly step down. They told me to get
serious.....I Am...The person went on how they were going to do something about
it (yeah right).

Prior to a group of the guys at Jacks Garage going to the movie and sitting
through "movie credits" I did think why would this person give a s--t...Now I
know...This person was not included or may never have been included in the
making of the movie or giving facts...I t may have been $$$$$ but who
knows....I surely don't give a big s--t. (and don't call me shirley)...C-U all
in the funny papers...... J.D.