Re: DRLA...

To: "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: DRLA...
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 00:00:00 -0000
Terrific,

I like this site.
Remind me to the time when I lived in Australia (Bathurst,NSW)

In 1988, I was just back from Australia to Germany, still got the Aussie accent
on I went for a 2 1/2 trip to England.
In the Blenheim Palace (Woodstock) a girl in the "merchandies" shop meant that
I nead a special dictionary....."Austrialian To English"....smile......
I gave this small book later to my sister in law in Bathurst, this is the place
where the famous Mount Panorama race course is - Hardy 1000 race runs there.
In Carnarvon a old chap in a museum heard my slang and simple said "mate, you
know that Alice is under water" - he meant Alice Springs in the Center of
Australia, which was flooded to a lot of rain, this was the first year they
couldn't run the famous boat race due to this that river got water!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this boats has no floor and the skippers carry the boats and runs on the dry
sand of the river bed.........

But I miss one word(s).....funny bugger......did they have no translation????

Best wishes

Pork Pie