Re: Certificate of Performance.

To: "Freiburger, David" <David.Freiburger@primedia.com>,
Subject: Re: Certificate of Performance.
From: "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:59:17 +0000
Yeah, I grew up in the South also and kinda cringed when youput Turk's quote
in big letters in the Hot Rod article........ I doubtif anybody under 50 knows
what it means or you would have heardabout it.........
Ed (but ya still gotta be careful about quoting KT )

Curious. Here it is from the online dictionary of etymology. News to me.

nappy (adj.) "downy," 1499, from nap (n.). Meaning "fuzzy, kinky," used in
colloquial or
derogatory ref. to the hair of black people, is from 1950.