Re: Barrett-Jackson going Over The Top

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Barrett-Jackson going Over The Top
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 21:59:44 EDT
Actually I'm loving the prices cars are going for because I planned for
retirement differently than most. Early on I talked my lovely and talented
wife,
Gail, into investing in something other that the stock market, CD's  etc.
Besides, they are only paper, they are no fun at all!

But, Classic cars, Muscle cars and lately, even hot rods are bringing huge
bucks with no end in site. Besides, I can slide behind the steering wheels of
my  "portfolio" and drive the wheels off them.

Remember all those "first" cars we kick our self for selling?  I still  have
my "57 F.I. Bel Air 2 dr hardtop. My '67, SS/RS  Camaro, a "replica"  (sold
mine!) of my '67  Goat. What will they be worth now  compared to, say, Enron
stock?

OK, my 71 Pinto wagon may not be retirement material,,,    LOL
It's pretty fast though, I took the head gasket out for more compression,
poked a big hole in the muffler for better exhaust scavenging and installed one

of those new rubber cam shafts. The lift and duration go up with RPM! It will
 even chirp the tires is I do 3500 RPM neutral drops into reverse.

Otto