Re: Ford Rear End

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford Rear End
From: RACE427@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 22:39:09 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/2006 10:00:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

Does  anybody have a book that decodes the numbers on the tag from a Ford
rear  end?  I took this rear end out of a 1969 Mustang.  The tag  reads:
WCZ-V1    94C    2.79     8    930A
I would guess that the 2.79 must be the ratio,  and I'm guessing I have an 8"
not a 9" rear end; which is OK since the 2.79 is  the important thing to me.
DickJ
In East  Texas

Dick,

   According to my Mustang Restoration  Guide    WCZ-V1  means that it is a
67-70 model year  rear,
   94C means it is still a question
   2.79 is the ratio of the ring and  pinion
   930A is the either the date code or the plant  code  I am guessing Jan.
30, 1969?

   My book states that you rear axle is 8 inch  removable differential
carrier with 28 spline axles.

   If you would like this page copied and  mailed to you I will be more than
happy to mail it to you.  Just let me  know.

   Hope this helps  you  !       Tony G   LI,NY