My plans for the tunnel.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: My plans for the tunnel.
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 06:25:52 -0500
Because the time is limited I have to come up with a reasonable plan to use
the Wind tunnel to gain as much as I can ... We've said there was about 10
tests possible without rushing... so here's my plan to use them.

1.  Stock no wind ride height.

2.  Head rest fairing.  ( new piece I built )

3.  Windscreen tests... ( I can run three back to back )

4.  Roll bar covering... ( spanning the front and back hoop only... like an
indy car sorta )

5.  Old Hood scoop with new tail section.

6.  New Hood scoop. ( I simply rounded the corners a bit more and mocked up a
tunnel test unit )

7.  Simple 1.5" strip front chin spoiler.

8. New Nose ( I've flattened the nose out a bit and made it a bit more like
the Camaro )

9. Bonneville final ride height at 260mph.  ( requires resetting car's ride
height... so I'm saving it for last thou it might be the most important test
)

10.  Quickie spoiler strip add to the back spoiler... ( we took them off at
Bville the first year... I want an empirical answer as to how much they
actually cost in real drag... and if they added any downforce )

I've pounded thru this last two weeks trying to sort out as much as I could
...  The plan is to be semi prepared for the time there...

What do you guys think?

Keith ( other then wanting to be there?... LOL guess Doug Odom's actually
going to get that done. )