RE: Machining pics, time and manpower deficeincies

To: "Gary C. Hensley" <gary@arrowracing.org>
Subject: RE: Machining pics, time and manpower deficeincies
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:18:22 +0000
Hi Gary... I don't do much on the mill or lathe compared to most on the list
I'm sure(no time to play, mainly just what's needed for business). I use it
more to correct existing manufactured pieces and a some archaic designs
handmilled on my own(brackets covers, alignment plates, etc.), it's just a
little clausing 8520 kneemill... but at the moment I'm on a big dead line for
a 6pm graduation Deb and I are in while trying to get out of here to the
track afterwards(my bike is still in pieces on the bench, Murf's bike is on
the dyno(which like mine I won't have time to run at all), trailer's full of
non race related winter stuff which needs emptied before filling and people
chomping at the bit for their bikes to go to Myrtle Beach and Rolling
Thunder) all while knowing there will be a few northern racers stopping by on
their way south today(which you know how we all BS(everyone but me that
is)).  When I get back from Maxton and settled back in(haven't ran since May
last year right before my heart surgery), I'll try to share some pics of what
I was working on(rocker box milling for dual plug head and sprocket cover for
my sportster, and a dampner bracket for Murf's Blast, as well as a couple
bushings needed for kickers and hoping to fit in making a replacement primary
chain idler gear bushing). What would be a good way to poost them, maybe
LR.com?
Have a great weekend everyone,
Todd and Deb
PS: Where do some of you get one those things you take to the track with
you.. what do you call them? Oh yeah... A CREW?