Taper question ( lathe stuff.. could be LSR )

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Taper question ( lathe stuff.. could be LSR )
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:49:15 -0500
So Dahlgren sent me this little lathe down here... and I'm trying to sort out
how I'd make a taper on a 1" piece of bar stock that is supposed to end up
looking like a shifter handle...  picture a 1/2" taper over 8"...

I can do the math and hog it out X over X inches... but am I missing something
here that would allow me to do a taper in an easier manner?

Just a question with no merit.... but inquiring minds want to know...

Keith