Re: "Randy" Streeter's web page

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Randy" Streeter's web page
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:34:08 EDT
I e-mailed Randy personally right away and welcomed him to the list and
applauded him on his web site. I told him I was also a newbie and had similar

A warned him about how newbies are treated by the list. Basically we have  no
say and are not even recognized. I tried to respond to a few threads and was
criticized for everything from my choice of words to being told I have no
business responding to the question. I put out two questions about my car and
received zero responses. KT encouraged me to join the list so I could learn
about the LSR community and things about my car. I've learned plenty about the
"community" and almost nothing about my car.

It took a friend of Randy, Bob Denton to point out the list totally blew
this guy off. Here he is trying to enter the LSR community and goes to the
trouble and work of setting up a web site and all the "list" has to say is,
"What
are you thinking, we already have two sites just like yours". What does  Randy
think of this new group he is trying to enter? Probably the same things  that
went through my mind. Putting my car on E-bay and staying with drag racing
came to mind.

But, a lot of "listers" e-mailed me off the list and encouraged me to  follow
my dream and don't let the assholes get you down. Good advise to  follow.

Otto