Re: E85, alternative fuels

To: "Robert J. Denton Images" <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: E85, alternative fuels
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:42:05 -0600
Fifteen or so years ago a group brought a NASCAR type, Buick Grand
National out to the salt that was running on a bio-fuel they claimed
was made from grass clippings.  They had their own fuel so it was  only
for publicity.   It never went as fast as the target 200 they wanted it
to go.  It had problems with tuning they never resolved as I remember.
Somewhere I have the tee shirt  ... it shrunk out of fit.

I believe Archer Daniels Midland is the agricultural company with
sufficient clout to get E85 into the tanks of the central plains area
cars.  They have a history of being able to swing considerable clout
around with senators and congressmen from the states where they do the
majority of their business.

Wes