Re: Shrinking Tee Shirts non-lsr

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Shrinking Tee Shirts non-lsr
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:39:27 -0600
Actually that is the result of a little seen closet virus.  The effects
of the virus are most often noticed in dress clothing for men because
the frequency of occasions to wear said clothing have diminished
greatly in the last 20 years.  Tee shirts are diminishing in the
frequency of catching said virus because of some long needed
pre-shrinking that has almost eliminated extreme cases of the virus in
tee shirts.

Since there has been a proliferation of other brands of jeans, the old
belly hanging over the belt scenario most often noticed on wearers of
Levis 501 button fly jeans has diminished because of extremely clever
pattern makers and creative size marking.  In women's wear the size
tags have lied for years ... men's wear makers are just now finding out
about the ploy.  Some have even erred on the low side so a coat that
should be a 44 regular is actually marked and sold as a 46 regular.
Hope they wise up soon!

Wes