Re: fast bike dismounts & chutes

To: Skip Higginbotham <Saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>,
Subject: Re: fast bike dismounts & chutes
From: Dale Krumheuer <dmirror3@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:14:26 -0700 (PDT)
I've had my share of 50 to 70 mph dismounts. 4 as my
addled brain can recall. Each time, I slid nicely, on
asphalt, concrete and my favorite, grass. Each time, I
was able to slide on my back or stomach without my
head touching the ground. (well.. once my chin hit a
curb that I was rapidly traveling over) Even on the
grass, one slows down pretty quickly and without the
tendency to tumble. Personally, I would rather not
have a device, other than a nice set of leathers, to
slow my speed.
Hoping that none of us have will ever have the need to
test or demonstrate their theories of deceleration.
Dale Krumheuer
Cleveland Ohio

--- Skip Higginbotham