Dimly related to LSR

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Dimly related to LSR
From: Jim Waldron <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:49:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Dimly related only because it's the vehicle I will use as a tow vehicle.

93 Ford Ranger 4x4 pickup.  The pinion bearings went out so I just purchased a
salvage back axle and put it in.  Put it gear lube and went for a 2 hour test
drive (mostly highway).  When I got home I put my hand on the differential.  It
was hot, almost to the uncomfortable point.  I've worked on a at least a couple
of these in my life, but I'd have to say that I've never felt one after driving
for awhile (amazing the holes I find in my knowledge).  Any opinions - is this
normal?

Thanks,
Jim.