RE: NonLSR - Saving the planet?

To: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: NonLSR - Saving the planet?
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:34:43 -0700
Jon,

As Bill O'Reilly would say, "I think you have been drinking the Cool Aid."

Growing up in the Midwest on a farm, I remember that Hemp was a noxious weed
to be mowed or cut down with a corn knife. (Never tried to smoke it, as a
kid, we smoked corn silks and grape vines in those days.) The story I have
heard about the spread of Hemp was that the government encouraged growing it
during WW II for use in making rope, etc.

The book you are reading is, I believe,  promoted by those who would
legalize marijuana.  Personally, I would rather risk damage to our
atmosphere than damage to the minds of our people. I speak of this as one
who has a daughter that argued that marijuana was not hurtful, but today is
certainly less than she could have been because of the lifestyle she chose.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC