Re: On the salt today ... and Nascar

To: ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: On the salt today ... and Nascar
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:54:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/2006 10:37:32 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
ddahlgren@snet.net writes:

It is  all enetrtainment.. The minute one car gets much faster than another
they  slow it down to make the field even.. What is the point in doing a lot
of  R&D at this point only to be slowed down another way. I can see doing  a
lot for relibility but more power sure you can use it once and only  once..
Then the 'new rule' comes out and they all run the same speed again.  At the
end of the day seems pretty pointless to me. The only thing nascar  has left
to add is the side show with the bearded lady and the dunking  tank..
Dave

Yeah Dave, Nascar is all about the fans/money. They are even  "standardizing"
the nose piece with a small portion of the hood left up to the  mfg's
identity.

But you can't knock the fact that Nascar is by far the largest  sporting
event attendance bar none.

Gee, I wonder if a 2 1/2 mile "playing field" has anything to do with it?
LOL Actually, if the fans weren't there, they wouldn't be selling out all those

seats.

So what you suggest is making the cars slower and more reliable and let
Nascar slow the rest of the field down to "make it fair"? That doesn't sound
like
the American way of life to me. And which mfg will step "down" to be the
slowest mfg out there? Nice honor any of them would be clammering for.

I like it the way it is, "even". I wouldn't want one mfg. to outrun the  rest
of the field, especially a Toyota Camray!!! Yikes! LOL

Otto

Besides, they are very reliable today with the ultimate HP available
according to the rules. 9800 rpm all day long! It's mind boggling and hard to
believe in my book.