Re: THE SALT GODS HAVE SPOKEN!!!

To: Askotto@aol.com
Subject: Re: THE SALT GODS HAVE SPOKEN!!!
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 09:10:28 -0700
Otto, I had you on my automatic delete list because I don't suffer fools
well and you came across as foolish. Its the old " I'll act nicer if you
act smarter". Now if you really want to get respect from the LSR crowd
just show up with a nice car, well built and safe. Listen to what the
people in the know have to say and quietly go out and make some runs.
Your car and speed  will get you the respect. When the inspectors tell
you " that is one of the nicest cars I have inspected" or " I really
like how you did this or that" that is how you get respect.
Remember, lots of us come from other forms of motorsports. Some of them
have been to the highest rung of the ladder in other motorsports, so you
are not going to impress them with words. When someone asks you how fast
did you go? You tell them and they say" Wow, thats really good". Then
you know you gotten the respect.
Hope to see you on the salt and hope you go fast, have fun and get the
respect you earn.
Doug Odom in big ditch