Re: Fw: counting days

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: counting days
From: Glenn Ridlen <saltrucker@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:33:05 -0700 (PDT)
Glen and List
  Looks like we will have my motor done and installed in time for Speed Week
this year. As you and some others know I started building the engine last year.
I ordered pistons in Dec. of 2004. Kept getting excuses when they wern't
delivered until it was too late to get it built for 05 so we upgraded the "A"
motor and made an attempt to bump our record with it. Turns out the guy that
took our order had quit and the stuff in his computer got put on the back
burner. Don't worry John N, it wasn't your company. Anyway I finally got the
pistons and we started the build this year. About the time they arrived I had a
family emergency and had to be out of state for a month. In my absence Bernie
built the motor and the rest of the crew worked on the truck. I owe them big
time. Bernie delivered the motor last Thursday and we are thrashing. See ya'll
on the salt

                           Glenn