Driver fascinated with Bonneville

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driver fascinated with Bonneville
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:20:06 -0600
I had a nice visit late this afternoon with Emanuele Piro.  He was one
of the three drivers of the Audi R 10 TDI that won the LeMans race this
year.  He will be co-driving that car in the ALS Series race on
Saturday at the Miller Motorsports Park.  He has been in Salt Lake
since last Friday getting acquainted with the course and this morning
he drove out to the salt flats just to say he had been there.  He had
lots of questions for me and he answered lots of questions I had about
the diesel engine, the aerodynamics of the car and the driving
technique they use.  A very delightful guy to talk to and he's anxious
to find a way to come out to the salt for a race,  We're working on
schedules to see if he can make it this year.

Three days of serious motorsports coming up starting tomorrow morning
at 9:00.