F-1 comparison

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: F-1 comparison
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:23:23 -0600
Checking a few things ...

As I see it, the closest class to the F1 specs that regularly runs at
Bonneville looks like it would be Blown Fuel Lakester.  The F1 car has
exposed wheels but the bodywork more or less encloses them.  Kind of a
trade off with the Lakester specs.  With a 2.4 liter engine
displacement that puts the Honda engined car in the middle of the F
displacement class.  The current F/BFL Bonneville record listed in the
2006 rule book was set in 1996 by the Star Spangled Banger driven by F.
Manley (the 2Club lists a Brian Manley qualifying for the club at that
speed) is 262.520 mph.  The Ecotec (SoCal Speed Shop) Lakester driven
by Don Sherman holds the G/BGL record at 189.205 mph but there is no F
record in the Blown Gas class.

I doubt Rick Gold has a fuel like the F1 racing fuel specs.  That's a
cocktail that is pretty exotic.  I doubt that it would pass as gasoline
with our fuel testing procedures.  Wouldn't that make the F1 car going
against the Manley record at a regular Bonneville meet?

Just curious about the comparison.  Suggest other comparisons please
because I am sure I missed something here.

Wes