Re: F1

To: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>, Mobley-Anderson
Subject: Re: F1
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:30:50 -0700 (PDT)
Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz> wrote:.. ..  Their overall top speed is not
that fast (although anything over 2  hundred is fast). Does anyone know what
their 1/4 mile time and speed is?

An NHRA Pro/Stock has the edge on an F1 I believe.
Chris H.........NZed

  But in all fairness to the F-1, it is entitled to the same retort that we
often use when local drag strip dons brag that their car is reaching our speed
in a quarter mile.  Yeah, but they only have to hold it for half a dozen
seconds. Try it for five miles or so.  Well, the oposite side of that same
defense coin applies to the F-1 car.  They hold their speed for  - - uhh, how
many miles in an F-1 race?

  It only goes to prove that each kind of race car is built for its own
particular kind of race, and it's very hard to cross over onto another track.
Sure, you could build a car that's pretty good in two or more types of racing,
but it's probably not going to set the record in either.  It takes a
purpose-built car to be a winner on any track.

  DickJ
  In east Texas