Re: 1st mile timing

To: "Jim Webb" <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Subject: Re: 1st mile timing
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 12:42:14 -0400
On Sunday, July 23, 2006, at 12:06  PM, Jim Webb wrote:

> List,
>

> According to the mail from SCTA, timing will be done in the first and
> second
> miles on the short course to speed up the lines. Will timing in either
> the
> first or second mile be accepted for licensing runs?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jim Webb
>
> Choc Full o' Nuts

Yes, you Texas-truck-driver, yes the "traditional" short course will
still exist.

 From the Straight Away News July, 2006:  "...Records can be set in this
clocked 1 to 2 mile (FYI) This will be in addition to the already
established timing between the 2 to the 2 1/4 and the 2 to the 3."
"Like we stated, it's not mandatory but for some it might fill the bill
and it could help speed things up a bit."

For those racers running relatively slow speeds -- racers that take two
or three minutes to get from the start to the 3 on the short course --
now they'll be able to quit at the 2 and still have a mile in which to
set a record.  See?

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan