Team Arrow Racing Update 7_28_06

To: "Ben Strader" <ben@efi101.com>, "Bob Williams "
Subject: Team Arrow Racing Update 7_28_06
From: "Gary C. Hensley" <gary@arrowracing.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:06:49 -0400
Just a short note to let everyone know that we are alive (although out of
control busy) and well.

After looking at the boost/hp numbers (not any boost below 8,000) from our
test and tune sessions (thanks Ben Strader & Mark Harrell), and doing an
analysis of first gear speed versus engine rpm & rwhp we decided we were
going to have trouble getting the bike off the line and up to speed with our
new 500cc setup.

We decided to call Kevin Draper at Majestic Turbo (our turbocharger
supplier) and ask his expert opinion. He very graciously offered to look
into the issue right away and offered to take a look at the turbo and send
it back the same day fixed or improved or not. We sent him the dyno sheet
with boost versus hp and the turbo yesterday and are waiting for a call yet
today.

We installed the new short 4" MagnaCore wires on the relocated coils (the
old ones were way too long) and they look like they might do a good job of
keeping the smoke in. We also have a 200mj cdi coming (thanks to John
Staiger) from M&W Ignitions and the latest Honda 600 Coil on Plug coils
(thanks to John Ethell at Jett Tuning) to have at Bonneville as back ups or
to use if necessary.

John Staiger & I started installing the new wiring harness he built last
night and it is a thing of beauty, we hope to be finished by end of day
Saturday.

Don Cyr & Charles (Hap) Fidder have mostly finished modifying Bob's
Williams' push vehicle/sidecar & Lynn Wilson got it painted last night. We
are really looking forward to being able to just push it into the trailer
instead of having to disassemble & re-assemble it each time we transport it.

Ron Brockelbank finished the new improved stabilizer struts & Bob installed
them last night, they look indestructible. Don will now make sheet metal
enclosures for them to cheat the wind.

14 days till Speed Week, life is good.

See you all on the salt,

Gary C Hensley
Phone: 248-670-0883
Team Arrow Racing #1150B World Record Holder
210.728 MPH August 21, 2004 Bonneville Salt Flats
For the 2006 Bonneville Speed Week we will attempt to break the 1956 NSU
Blown Fuel 500cc Record of 211.400

201sm2.jpg]

tech.gif]