Re: Gas welding aluminum... WOW

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas welding aluminum... WOW
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 06:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
A few years back, I took an aircraft welding course in Dallas.  By the luck of
the draw, my instructor happened to be Richard Finch, the guy who literally
wrote the book.  At the end of the class, he demonstrated gas welding on
aluminum, and had the eight students in the class work on it for a while until
we all got at least one weld. Between us, we burned well over a hundred holes
before getting that one weld.  Weird how that happens, he just slapped the
aluminum up there and made beautiful welds one right after another.  The only
hole he burned was when he was demonstrating how we should be careful not to
burn holes.

  DickJ
  In East Texas