(non lsr) AM Legion Convention

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: (non lsr) AM Legion Convention
From: "Tom Shannon" <saltfevr@mail.sisna.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:35:57 -0600
Salt Lake is hosting this yrs. American Legion Convention. My wife is involved
with "Blue Star" Mothers who had a booth inside the Convention Hall.
Afterwards, we attended 2 hour,50 state parade of all the delegates through
downtown SLC. When the Virginia Marching Band passed by, atop a gooseneck
lowboy trailer,an aging California delegate approached the band. He offered a
$100 bill to hear them play "The Marine Corp Hymn".

They gleefully obliged the Korean or WWII Veteran. The limping Marine,with a
tear in his eye quickly disappeared into the crowd.BTW,they played "Halls of
Montezuma,shores of Tripoli" twice!
Thanks to all you Men & Women Veterans! Not a dry eye on that street
corner.......

Tom Shannon
Magna, Utah

SISNA...more service, less money.