Re: Airfield use

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Airfield use
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 16:32:56 EDT
In a message dated 9/2/2006 1:53:25 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
wmtsmith@landracing.com writes:

John,
The Gov. loves exposure and free publicity---its run by  politicians you
know---lol

> Makes you wonder about  the "Monster Garage" drop tank speed runs that they
> made
> at on  the long runway at Vandenburg (If I recall correctly)
    "Sparky"
RATICAL  AA/GL 2211
219.124  El  Mirage

This sounds like a golden opportunity. Hmmmm all the exposure WFI got and
Bonneville got this year thanks to JCB, it sounds like now would be a good time

to propose a plan to open up airfields for more than aircraft use. It would
show  that we weren't "emotionally defeated" by 911 and that the terrorists
haven't  prevented us from enjoying all the things we did before 911.

We need a motor head in Government. I vote for David Freiburger for
"Director for the advancement of American Motor Sports". They create new
departments
in Gov. when ever they need one. It's about time some of our  tax dollars go
to something we enjoy. Hey, they have "Fish and Game" for  sportsmen, "Parks
and Rec" for everybody, why not "American Motor Sports" for  gear heads? They
would have to provide Gov funded race tracks just like they  provide and
maintain National Parks.

OK, where do I write DF in on the ballot?

Otto