World of Speed

To: Alpines <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: World of Speed
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 11:38:37 -0700
I have made substantial progress in getting the TWFS(W) back together.
Remember, I had to remove everything to get the trannyout so it could be
inspected and repaired. I had a local shop do the repair which included
a new kevlar band for the OD and a new drum on which that band rides. No
other repairs were necessary. I did return tot he use of the Performance
AUtomatic valve body but it is not special after all. Just a new vlave
body. Everything is nearly back in the car: seat, seat belts, shifter,
tonneau cover, front wheels/tires, rewrapping the turbos is all that is
left. That should all be done today. Oh, Ineed to repack the chute also.

I have fired the car and it runs a lot better and that is without any
tuning whatsoever with the new mass air flow meter.  And it is already
calibrated for 42 lb/hr injectors. So far no major issues. I will use
the tranny in drive only (without OD) and to this end I replaced the
rear gears with a ratio of 2.50:1. This should get me through the
licensing runs and maybe to where the car wants to go: 204 mph...

Our plans are to leave here on the 11th. We are staying at the Rainbow.
The 12th is setup and inspection day with time trials starting on the
13th (maybe the 12th if everything goes well).  Internet is problematic
there so I wont be able to issue any updates in real time.

PAhrump will have 4 cars there! One possibly fast liner, one new
lakester, and 130 mph car, and the Sunbeam. At least 10 people and
possibly more from Las Vegas.

See you after the event!

mayf, out in pahrump