Re: Maxton

To: mike.meierle@alcatel.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maxton
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:10:34 EDT
"There were 3 incidents I saw, 2 blown motors and a bike out the back  door."

As I was racing I only got partial news passed on by people at the start
area or passers-by at our pit . The story I got on the Biker in the weeds was
he
had a stuck throttle , locked up the brakes,and stayed upright as he went
weedward until he got stopped, still upright, minus mufflage,etc. He supposedly

packed up his BMW and left to find an underwear store.

As for us, we got home two-ish  am yesterday morn after the  12 hour I-95
hassle, took a short nap, and cleaned  the car/truck/trailer
First run off trailer Sat ran 163, or 20 mph more on my own April class
record. Also had half shaft slide out due to dropping car front end and
lengthening travel.  We made our repairs and got it back for one last  run,
turned 170,
bumped me up again.
Sunday 1st run @ 8am glasses/helmet fogged me at about 110 mph, instant
cataracts, aborted rest of run. Made two more runs of 172 and 174.
Short-shifted
a bit to save motor and lessen the Turbo steer or ideally had 180  in the bag
both times.
The thing is a handful on relatively short tracks due to the huge turbo
torque steer, the 200 club will be a Bonneville event , when it  happens.
 Hate to drive there, love to be there, MAXTON...
A great event, can't say enough positives for Joe, Keith, Donya, and  all the
Volunteers. The degree of effort,especially to a lot of new bike
competitors, was a credit to our sport.
THANK YOU ECTA !!!!
Bob,  W.... ECTA G/BGSS record Holder 174 mph...more to come..this is  all
Foreplay