Are these leathers legal?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Are these leathers legal?
From: Jim Waldron <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:34:52 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I need a specific answer as to the legality of a set of leathers I have found.
Can anyone help me with a definitive answer or do you know where I can send
these questions (and pictures if necessary) to in order to get a definitive
answer?

This is an all leather suit b no fabric panels.  I know that this is good.

The zipper that zips the pants to the jacket is plastic b I believe that this
has to be replaced with a metal zipper.

There are perforations behind each knee.  I know the rules allow limited
perforations.  There are 55 round holes, each 1/16 th inch in diameter, the
holes spaced 5/8 of an inch from each other on a square grid pattern behind
each knee.  Does this meet the limited perforation rule?

There are perforations under each arm.  Again 1/16 th inch holes on the same
5/8 th inch square grid pattern.  The pattern is six holes wide and 33 holes
long (198 holes) and runs on the inside of the arm from about the elbow, to
armpit, and about 11 inches down the side of the jacket on each side.  Does
this meet the limited perforation rule?

The other zippers on the suit are plastic (jacket front, pants (6 inch zipper),
end of each arm (4 inch zipper), end of each leg (8 inch zipper) and above each
knee for a pad insert (5 inch zipper).  Are these ok as plastic or would they
have to be replaced with metal?

If not legal for perforation reasons, is there an acceptable way to fill some
or all of the holes?

This is a big expenditure for my meager budget.  I need to be sure I get it
right.

Thanks.  A lot.

Jim.