Comparing Maxton and Bonneville Speeds

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Comparing Maxton and Bonneville Speeds
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:16:35 -0700 (PDT)
What can those of you who have run both Maxton and Bonneville say about the
speeds on each track.  I know you lose a bunch of horsepower when you move from
near-sea-level Maxton to mile-high Bonneville, but you end up with five to
seven times the distance to pick up speed.  So how does speed on the two tracks
compare?  I initially thought that speeds at Bonneville should be lower than at
Maxton, but of the cars that I have seen run, it seems that those that ran in
the 170s - 190s at Maxton were running 220s at Bonneville.   What about it?

  DickJ
  In east Texas

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small
Business.