RE: Another stump-the-chump question

To: "John Staiger" <lsrvette@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Another stump-the-chump question
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:11:46 -0500
John;

You aren't in the Twilight Zone. A race engine can exceed 1.0 VE due to
the effects of tuned intake runners and very well- designed headers. The
exhaust pulse reflected back from the collector into the open exhaust
port and thus the cylinder is a negative pressure-- this literally
"sucks" the incoming charge into the cylinder when both Int & Ex valves
are open at the same time..

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ