Re: (non-lsr) video frame rate...was: Worlds Finals Cancelled

To: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Subject: Re: (non-lsr) video frame rate...was: Worlds Finals Cancelled
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:34:21 -0400
On Monday, October 9, 2006, at 01:23  PM, Benn wrote:

>  I think video's standard frame rate is approximately 30 frames per
>  second.  And the shutter speed obviously can't be slower than 1/30
>  second, but can go WAY faster, depending on the sensitivity of the
>  receptor, etc.  (I know, you didn't ask....)
>  Benn

Well, sorta 30/second, but really it's more like 60 every-other-line
scans/second, then add two half-scans together to get 30 complete
frames per second.

However, that was the deal during the days of vacuum tubes -- maybe
these days with CCDs and stuff like that they just do 30 entire
frames/second.  Got it?

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan